Sunday, June 15, 2014

Hitting the Wall

This week has me so conflicted. While I worked on a number of things, I feel I did not get to work with all the tools I wanted to try. I feel that I moved forward with developing my PLNs, moving towards a more useful network that will last well beyond the bounds of this class. I have gotten inspiration to develop Learnboards and really try to get a handle on that tool. (Helpful hint: I am using my Pinterest board to store ideas until I am ready to curate them in Learnist.) However, there are so many tools and so many informational gems that I know I am missing. On the one hand, I feel like I am at a buffet trying to get a taste of everything, but keep getting drawn to what I know I like and with which I am comfortable. However, that metaphor does not fully explain what I am feeling. I feel more like a novice circus clown trying to spin plates on sticks--I have a few core plates going well, but trip over my clown shoes trying to add additional social media plates to my act. Time management has fallen to the wayside as I can barely keep in mind half of the options we have to work with each week, while trying to maintain continuity with the tools I began with in past weeks. I am sure I am not the only one feeling this way, but it would sure be reassuring to hear the same from others!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you! I find so many new tools and resources every week, but I feel as though I just start getting a handle on them before I need to move on to something else new... I guess the ones that are intuitive to us are the ones we will return to most quickly, right? And the ones we will get really good at, I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I really have my go to tools! I also think there are two things that attract me. Either they are really easy to do what I need them to do, or they are heavily used by the people I need to keep in my circle.

    ReplyDelete