Thursday, June 26, 2014

I Am Not Alone Shouting (Posting) in the Dark!







I was perusing my features in Blogger and found the stats tab that tallies my page views.  I was happy to learn that although I was only getting a few comments on every other blog, I was getting a lot of traffic on it!  355 in the past month is not bad at all, and is really encouraging.  This is nice feedback to have.

I also found it interesting that you can examine where your page views are originating by looking at Traffic Sources.   I thought that this would be fairly useful, particularly if you want to consider making changes to your blog service.

Then I stumbled on the really neat service they provide.  They provide stats on your audience in terms of browsers used, operating systems, and country.  I found it interesting that I was getting views from Russia, France, and Ukraine, and I was wondering how many of my fellow students are studying from abroad?  Or were these chance encounters?  In any case, I like seeing that my work is going global!




10 comments:

  1. Oh, how great! Where do I go to access all that info? I just assumed that all our classmates were in the U.S. I promise I'll remember to come back for the answer this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your Blogger homepage/dashboard, click on the # of Pageviews under the name of your blog. It will automatically open the stats overview page.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Mark. Can't wait to check it out

      Delete
  2. Russia and Ukraine are usually not real people but rather robots scanning the web. However, you're getting a lot of US hits from genuine readers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's only a little disappointing. Getting a lot of US hits is satisfying enough! :-)

      Delete
    2. Internet robots?!?! Can you explain more V?

      Delete
    3. Internet robots are algorithms designed to search web pages for specific content or activities, usually to identify potential customers or opportunities to blitz advertise or redirect online traffic. It is why we are asked to type in the alphanumerics from Captcha. They are designed to defeat the 'robots' that try to spam advertise in blogs and forums by preventing them from posting.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Now you've made me want to look at the stats for my own blog. I'm not in an exotic foreign country though, so my views are coming from Little Rock, Arkansas...exciting..I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspired me to check out my own blog page views. I don't have nearly as many views as you, but I'm pleasantly surprised with my number as well. And hopefully they're not all robots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be doing some things that are attracting the robots. I need to look into that.

      Delete