Sunday, July 6, 2014

PLN Problems

I have been developing my PLN, looking for experts on intelligence organizations and intelligence analysis.  I have joined a group with this expertise on LinkedIn and I am starting to follow their discussions and read their articles.  However, I am struggling with directing activities towards my specific interests within the community.  I have not had any response to the discussions I have attempted to start, and most of the material I have found through lurking is not providing me with what I want to learn from the PLN.  Part of it I believe is because I am a newcomer and not an industry insider.  I am trying to connect with group members that I feel may offer useful information, but I am awaiting their response.  My biggest hope is that in ten days I will be attending an intelligence industry conference and I will be able to make some direct personal connections that I can then incorporate into my online PLN.  Until then, I will keep hammering away at it.

Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll develop good networking from the conference and continue them through social media, Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete