Thursday, July 17, 2014

Visual Resumes

I used Visualize.me to make a graphic representation of my resume. Here is the link to it http://vizualize.me/mafeulner#.U8grUhnD_qD

I was surprised at how drab my resume appeared and began thinking of ways to make a better image. Then it dawned on me! We make these dull and uninspired lists of our achievements, failing to recognize the image of ourselves we are creating. Even if I never use this tool to market myself, I will be using it to adjust my resume to paint a prettier picture!

4 comments:

  1. It works on drawing attention! I like the first visual more than the others. I clicked the semicircles (from the biggest one) and learned your career. But little worried that people might only focus on the career the biggest one says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then ... you work for FSU ... and they make you use their FEAS system to document everything and print the most generic and unattractive CVs ever ... (but I guess I would redo mine and make it more appealing if using it to look for a new job).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just like that it keeps it current for you.

    And why would we want to teach anywhere else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice visualization. I definitely like the timeline. I'm sure LinkedIn is taking note of this. You've acquired a lot of good experience.

    ReplyDelete